thanks for all information
If you are serious about improving your Web site relevance on Google (and as a consequence on several other major search engines) you should understand quite well what Pagerank is and how it works.
Pagerank is a an algorithm that Google utilizes to rank its search results in presence of multiple resources matching a certain query. In very simple words Pagerank evaluates and ranks Web sites according to a computed value determined by the number of other sites linking to them. The way the Pagerank value is computed makes Pagerank somewhat immune to artificial linking efforts.
In order to provide the greatest understanding and to allow an exhaustive mini-guide to Pagerank understanding I have researched and listed here below the most interesting and valuable resource on this topic that are available online.
Including the original Stanford paper from which the whole thing started.
1) The original PageRank paper by Google's founders
Sergey Brin and Lawrence Page:
The Anatomy of a Large-Scale Hypertextual Web Search Engine
2) What can you do with a Web in your Pocket
by Sergey Brin, Rajeev Motwani, Larry Page und Terry Winograd
3) The PageRank Citation Ranking: Bringing Order to the Web
by Lawrence Page, Sergey Brin, Rajeev Motwani und Terry Winograd
http://dbpubs.stanford.edu:8090/pub/ showDoc.Fulltext?lang=en&doc= 1999-66&format=pdf&compression=
4) Efficient Crawling Through URL Ordering
by Junghoo Cho, Hector Garcia-Molina and Lawrence Page
http://dbpubs.stanford.edu:8090/pub/ showDoc.Fulltext?lang=en&doc= 1998-51&format=pdf&compression=
5) Attack Resistant Trust Metrics
Draft of PhD thesis in compact formatting by Raph Levien
6) United States Patent 6,285,999:
Method for node ranking in a linked database
http://126.96.36.199/netacgi/ nph-Parser?Sect1=PTO1&Sect2= HITOFF&d=PALL&p=1&u=/netahtml/ srchnum.htm&r=1&f=G&l=50&s1 ='6,285,999'.WKU.&OS=PN/ 6,285,999&RS=PN/6,285,999
7) Google PageRank web site http://pr.efactory.de/ This Web site is devoted exclusively to Google Pagerank. Its sections are devoted to: Pagerank algorithm, Implementation, Inbound and Outbound Links, Number of Pages, Yahoo bonus, Additional Factors and more. It provides also a valuable guide on how to compute your Pagerank without using the Google toolbar.
8) Pagerank explained correctly and with examples
9) Pagerank. Google's PageRank and how to make the most of it
with Phil Craven's PageRank Calculator
10) PageRank Explained PLUS Copywriting Case Study
11) PageRank Explained
12) Chris Ridings' "PageRank Explained" paper
13) Mark Horrell's Web Site - PageRank Calculator
14) Google Pagerank
16) The Handy Dandy Google Page Rank Figurin' Guide
by Chris Raimondi
17) Online Discussion Forums on PageRank:
MarketPositionTalk - PageRank updates
SearchEngineForums - PR documents and calculator
WebmasterWorld - PR document and calculator
Search Engine Forums - Google Forum
http://searchengineforums.com/bin/ forumdisplay.cgi?action=topics&forum= Google&number=28&DaysPrune=20& LastLogin=
Originally written by Robin Good and first published on MasterNewMedia.
thanks for all information
Page Rank is very important for many reasons.So,how to start for a new website,what should a new website do and take how long to get 4 PR? 1 year or 2 years or even more?
So many opinions on Google Page Ranking that they cannot all be right. The important thing is knowing how to rank well and not to be obsessed by one number.
i have seen changes in the new PR updates and can say that by the end of the month ishall have updated full ( i hope) i have talked about this here http://www.googlebugs.com. i have seen my results go up and sum gone down so imagine when the next PR will be if this one took 6 months to take place????
Have tried everything to improve my google listing. I keep checking my links to site but find this keeps changing on every check I do. Sometimes I have 4, 8 or 12 links. Not sure why this is?
Link exchange and PR:
How many PR 1 do i have to have to equivalent to PR 3
How many PR 3 do I have to have to equivalent to PR 6
For example, if I have 100 PR 3
and my competitor for same keyword have 10 PR 6,
who will google rank higher?
Increase your Google pagerank. How to link the webpages to increase the pagerank.
Here you can find the source code: